Sunday, April 20, 2008

How To Draw 101 Funny People


I came across How To Draw 101 Funny People last week. It has a nice variety of cartoon characters. I always like books with a bunch of variety because it gives me ideas on how to draw different styles of beards, noses, eyes, hands, etc.

I'm not a big fan of trying to draw exactly what someone else drew. I try to take the artists style and see how it fits into my doodles. I prefer the cartoon style over realism.

So far I've drawn the viking, roman soldier and the astronaut. I changed the viking a little from how he was drawn in the book and I like how it turned out. There are a few small issues I have with it though. The cap seems a bit lopsided, and the sword doesn't match with the hand. I'm hopeful that version 2 and 3 will turn out a lot better.

1 comment:

AJS said...

Looks great to me!